Isaiah's Story- September 8, 2015

Five years ago today, my son Isaiah was very close to meeting his Heavenly Father in person. As I look back over the years and through his life, I can see God’s providence in every way.

Around the time everything happened, people would apologize for the tragedy in our lives, but I never saw it as such. It was an opportunity to witness the way God works. HE was in every bit of it.
“Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” James 1:2-4
I get it.
I won’t tell you it was easy watching my only son wake up two days after brain surgery unable to walk, talk, eat, or anything else on his own, but I could see God in every moment of his changed life. He still has some difficulties that he may carry for the rest of his life, and that’s okay. Today I am grateful for the Spirit that lives in him since that day. The joy that shines from inside of him regardless of his circumstances is supernatural. His joy is mine.
Today, Isaiah is a freshman in college studying kinesiology to be a physical therapist. That is nothing but God’s goodness.
Some of you may be going through life-altering situations today. I offer you this encouragement. God is still there. He came before you on this day and hasn’t left your side. Accept His hand. He’s been right next to you this whole time. Ask Him for eyes to see what He wants to show you. I believe there, you will find joy.
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Psalm 46:1-3
For those of you who are new to Isaiah’s story, I want to share with you a glimpse of that life-changing night through the eyes of some people who were there. Thank you Jason Ayers for documenting this for us in 2016.
Happy 5th Anniversary Isaiah! We are grateful for your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper