Do That Thing

As I think back to my years growing up, and the struggle I had at times being a brown girl in a predominately white world, I have to smile. I don't know that I would have chosen it, but It wasn’t the worst thing. I am grateful for many of those circumstances and experiences that helped shape who I am today. God allowed me to have my own experiences, giving me a unique outlook… one that I can share with you. Though I rarely felt “good enough” and often allowed that feeling to hold me back and stunt growth in some areas, it also quietly pushed me and made me fight to some extent, for a place in this world I believed God had carved out for me. His voice was just loud enough to guide me toward a future rooted in Him. A future that continues to work for my good and His glory. I believed He could see something in me worth using, so I kept pushing, even when I couldn’t see it myself. Sometimes I still have difficulty with that even today, but I trust Him. For me, it was because my skin was different. For you, it may be some other way you are, or have felt different. Here’s what I know. God is calling you to something He has planned for you. If you have a pulse, you have a purpose. You are the only person who can do THAT THING. Only you can do it the way you do. You may already know what that is, or maybe you are still waiting to hear from Him. Listen to what He is telling you. You have a unique place in God’s kingdom. Never let your past, or the past of your ancestors determine your worth. “So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” Matthew 10:31 Maybe some February in the future, a child may learn about me and my contribution to this world. Maybe they will learn about you. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper