Double For Your Trouble

A few weeks ago I shared with you that my husband Ozzy lost his job. I want to give you an update.

 

Let me start by saying, the Lord is faithful.  When we put our complete trust in Him, when we believe He can do more than we could ever dream for ourselves, it gives Him room to show up and show out.

 

The day he lost his job, a friend of mine sent me a video of a woman with an encouraging word... something she felt the Lord was speaking to her. Part of the message explained how God will often give you “double for your trouble.” Ozzy and I got excited. We weren’t sure if that word was for us, but we sure hoped so.

 

Close to a month went by before Ozzy got any calls for an interview. When he finally did, it seemed obvious which job God had for him. There were some things about it only God could orchestrate, and the same day he interviewed, he was verbally offered a job. He accepted. Such a blessing!

 

Then, ON THE SAME DAY I was offered a full-time (with benefits) job at the high school I have been a substitute teacher for since 2018. People. I wasn’t even looking. I could not believe it! I get to help and encourage kids who are failing, get back on track. It’s like God wrote a job description specifically for me, then handed it to the school and said, “Here, this is for Christina. Give it to her.” Won’t God do it?!

 

“Double for your trouble.”

 

This is my testimony. When you trust God, allowing Him to follow through on the plans He has for you, you will never be let down. We didn’t waste one minute worrying over Ozzy’s job loss, because we trusted God. I am not telling you that to brag, because it’s not something special we have that no one else has.

 

We simply believe God.

 

We believe Him when He tells us He will handle things. We believe Him when He tells us He’s got plans for us. We believe Him when He tells us there is nothing to fear.

 

You can too.

 

I hope this encourages you. Please share it with someone you think needs a reminder that God takes care of our needs… and He doesn’t have favorites!

 

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, “Ephesians 3:20-21


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper