The Same Creator

For four days last week, I was blessed to spend some time in the gorgeous state of Washington. Each day I found myself in awe as I looked out the back door of the house friends and I stayed in, and gazed (I really, truly GAZED) upon the mighty Mount Rainier. 


I grew up in California, so mountains are not new to me, but I had never seen a mountain so beautiful and majestic. I was almost in tears every time I laid my eyes on it.


The God who made that mountain made me and you


I couldn’t help but think that God gave us that mountain as a gift. Yeah, I know mountains serve a purpose as an important part of the ecosystem, but He didn’t have to make them that beautiful. He did that part for us.


While I was there, I took dozens of pictures, trying to capture what I was seeing with my eyes, but no picture could equal my vision. You will just have to believe me when I tell you, it was ten times better than what you see in my picture. The same goes for the way God sees us. We will never be able to see the true miracle each of us is. It will continue to be difficult to grasp the beauty of God inside of us. That’s why we will just have to believe God when he tells us in Psalm 139:14 that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.


Since the same Creator made that glorious mountain and gifted us with its beauty is the same one that made us, He must have considered each one of us a gift as well. As incredible and beautiful as a well-crafted mountain is, we are so much more than that.


We each play a key role in this world--In each other’s lives. We love, we support, we encourage, we teach, and hopefully, we value each other. When we look in the mirror or look at our fellow humans, we should be just as in awe at that creation as we are the gorgeous mountains. We are just as spectacular. 



Imagine what mighty things we could accomplish for the kingdom if we could truly see the glory of God within us. Until then, we’ll just have to believe Him. 


For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. “Ephesians 2:10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper