I've Got a Heart Issue.

I’ve shared this before, but I’m having to bring the same issue before the Lord again, so I thought I’d share it with you as well. I know I’m not alone in this struggle. Even though God gives me the answers to these problems, I still struggle once in a while.


Do you have someone in your life who you tend to see through a specific lens that brings you to a place of anger, frustration, or resentment?


It doesn’t matter what they do. You are bothered by it. You find yourself seeing the worst in them in any given situation.


I understand that because I do it too. I found myself in that toxic place recently and had to petition God to help me through it. It’s a bad feeling, and it’s counterproductive. I figured I might as well work it out right here with you.


What I realized is that it’s not really about that person. It’s my own heart issue. It doesn’t matter what I think their reasons are for doing things. It doesn’t matter if they have real problems. What matters is my heart and if I am acting or thinking the way I know God expects me to.


Do they have issues? Yes, but so do I. They are just different.


“You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” -‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:5‬ ‭


I am tempted to pray that God will fix them (and honestly, it’s what I wish), but the truth is, I need to ask God to fix me. Once my heart is right, that feeling of anger, frustration, and resentment disappear. The fixation on how they treated me or how I perceive they treated me will be irrelevant, and I will see them through the lens of a Creator who loves them just as much as He loves me.


“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” -‭‭Psalms‬ ‭51:10‬ ‭


May the God of peace be with you today and always.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper