God Doesn't Use Perfect People

You know, I didn’t really want to have this conversation, but something my preacher said yesterday reminded me that I need to. 


It’s tough for the one who encourages others each day, to admit that she too needs encouragement.


Last week was an emotionally difficult week with my students. Many of them are experiencing such trials. Sometimes when we’re around people suffering, it can affect our hearts in a way that causes us to struggle as well. Satan often uses those times to speak lies of despair into our own lives. His messages are so believable, because he usually bases his lies on truth.


He also tries to make us believe that we should hide our troubles, keeping our masks of perfection on for the world. But the more we keep in the dark, the more power they (and Satan) have over us.

 

As I felt myself go deeper into a pit, I clung to God’s word harder. I even took my real Bible to church instead of using my Bible app. Somehow I found comfort in the physical form of God’s word.


Things still feel heavy, but I know that as I continue to hold tight to the promises of God’s word, I can count on Him to carry my burdens. 


I share this with you because I want you to know that not one of us is immune to the struggles of this world. Satan whispers the lie that says I can’t lead others if I’m not perfect, but God doesn’t use perfect people.


Maybe Satan is feeding you the lie that God can’t use you the way you are. Friends, God knows exactly who you are. He knows all you’ve done, and He can still use you and your experiences for His glory. He knows your struggles, your fears, and your insecurities, and still He has plans for you.


The Lord does His best work in us when we realize how much we need Him.


“Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9-10‬ 


I pray that God does His best work in you and me this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper