God is Not Like Us


So I’ve been thinking.

We all have problems. Obviously, our responses to those problems are not always the most productive. We stress out, freak out, even fall out. So let’s get down to it. What’s the real problem?  

I believe it’s a faith issue. 

The problem is that we attribute our human imperfections to a perfect God. We can’t truly fathom how good He is, how trustworthy He is, or how powerful and omniscient He is, so we put him in our little box of human defects, that we carry with us each day.

Because we humans continue to fail each other, we assume that God will also fail us. Even really good humans sometimes hurt us and betray our trust, so I think that maybe we subconsciously assume that our good God might do the same. 

The same way we try to avoid pain concerning each other by taking control of situations, by “handling” them and each other, is the same thing we often do to God.

I myself have a lot of faith. A lot. However, I have come to the realization that the only reason I panic over certain situations is that I forget God is nothing like the people who let me down every day. It’s can hardly fathom it, but I can trust Him to do what He says He will do. I can trust Him to do what is best for me. 

Why don’t I always trust Him? Well, I’m working on it. I am grateful for a God who loves me unconditionally and continues to be patient with me, while I work to trust Him with EVERYTHING.

Today I challenge you to let God out of the box you might have Him in, and act like He is the God He says He is. 

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:8-9‬ 

He is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper