Speak It Before You Reach It


Have you heard anyone say, “Fake it till you make it?”

Well, there’s really something to that—if you’re “faking” the right thing. Maybe the phrase should be changed to “Speak it before you reach it.”

Sometimes (like right now for me), things don’t feel right, and we struggle to believe that we are who God said we are, so we must take steps to change our frame of mind.

Changing our minds sometimes has to begin with how we walk and talk. We can change our whole outlook by walking the way we want to go. 

When I am struggling to trust the Lord, it has helped me to simply say, “I trust you, Lord,” over and over again until I truly do. Another thing that helps me is to “towdah” Him. Towdah is a Hebrew word for thanksgiving (praise). It is one of seven types the Hebrew language has. Towdah is a sacrifice of praise. When you towdah the Lord, you thank and praise Him for things that have not yet occurred. You believe He will do what He says He will do, and thank Him before He does it. 

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3-4‬ 

Today I pray the Lord gives you the strength to walk the way you want to go.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper