What Are You Fixated On?

What we focus on, we fixate on. And this has the possibility to either elevate us or devastate us. -Joel Muddamalle

It’s true that we often find people who make us happy, but people are flawed. If we rely entirely on others for our happiness, if we rely on our situation in life to bring us joy, we will often find disappointment. The only one we can always rely on to bring us true joy is our Creator. He is good. And He is the same today as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow. 

Looking back on my week, I can see how different I would feel if I had focused on anything other than God. I’ll admit that I had moments I lost the right focus and felt overwhelmed when looking at all that was in front of mebut when I came back to think about the One my life is really about, I found refreshment. 

As you finish out your week, I challenge you to think back on the last several days. What have you allowed to consume your thoughts? If it wasn’t the peace of God, try something else. Try being intentional about fixing your thoughts and sending them upward.

I pray you have a wonderful weekend and that refreshment, along with the peace that passes all understanding, will cover you today and always. 

“And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper