I Can't Do This


How many times have you heard someone say, “I can’t do this.” How many times have you said it yourself?

How many times have you heard (or even said) “The Lord doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle?”


Mmhmm, yeah, that’s a phrase you can only find in Ridicalations1:9 because it doesn’t exist!


First of all, I don’t believe the Lord gives us many of the trials we experience. He never intended for us to hurt, struggle, or experience loss. His plan was for us to live in perfect peace as we walked with Him in a garden. Through the continued sin of humans and living with consequences of the choices made by those who came before us, we endure much.


I have experienced many moments, especially recently, when I feel I can’t do what I need to do or what God has called me to do. As quickly as those thoughts enter my mind, I remember that regardless of the lack of confidence in myself, I know I can do anything through Christ gives me strength, and so can you. 


Life is hard. Living life today complicates things even more. Some days the things we go through feel unbearable and without hope. But friends, allow me to encourage you today. There is hope because you don’t have to do this alone. 


You are not alone.


Whenever you feel you can’t move forward as you deal with whatever is in front of you, I want you to say, “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13). I know you may not wholly believe it. That’s okay.


Say it until you believe it.


You can do this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper