I Heard You.

I feel like this is a message that God is continuing to try and get across to so many of us. It keeps coming up. 


We have got to be the most impatient people. That’s got to be frustrating to the One who created us. I can’t help but think of my kids when they ask me for something that I have already planned to give them.  I can’t always give it to them at the exact time they ask.  There are very often other things that need to happen before I am able to give them a particular gift, or something they actually need. 


It’s always been interesting to me how many times they will ask for something as if I didn’t hear them the first five times.  It can be frustrating. In my opinion, it shows a lack of trust. Maybe they think I didn’t hear them. Sometimes, I don’t give any kind of hint that I am considering honoring their request.  They often formulate a whole plan on how they will get what they want or need without me. Somehow they think they can make it happen sooner.


Don’t we do that to God?


If we trust Him enough to bring our needs to Him, can’t we trust His timing as well? 


Matthew 7:9-11 says, “Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”


God wants to give us good things. Sometimes we just have to wait. He has not forgotten you. Hold on. It’s worth it. 


He is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper