Buffalo, NY


It's been a while, so I must apologize for the absence from this blog. To catch up, you can find my thoughts through writing here:  

https://www.facebook.com/christinacustodiospeaks

I felt the need to make sure to communicate during a difficult time, and want to cover all the bases. 

For the last few days, I’ve been thinking and praying about what to say concerning Buffalo.


Maybe you have no desire to talk about it. I understand that. I don’t really want to either. But if you’ve been here for a while, you know this is where we lovingly work out Jesus stuff. Maybe you are not even sure what all there is to talk about.  Well, let’s figure this out together.


I’m not ready to share all of my thoughts and feelings, but I would like to ask something of you before we discuss this further. Please do not stick your head in the sand when it comes to talking about such difficult things. Please ask God to open the eyes of your heart and allow you to see where and how you can be a part of the change as we battle a common enemy. I have had to pray the same thing for myself.


I want to stick my head in the sand and pretend these things aren’t happening. However, I truly do not have that luxury.

“Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” -Galatians 6:2

Remember that as Christ-followers we have committed to being a part of a community of believers, helping those in need. We will talk more about that later.

I ask that you take time to learn about the victims of the Buffalo shooting and imagine they are your loved ones. As you do, you may wonder why God allowed their lives to be taken. Some were making a positive difference in the world. So why does God allow these kinds of things to happen?


It brings me comfort to remember that God can and will use even these tragic events for our good and His glory. I believe that through the death of some, many can be saved. Eyes will be opened to see issues they never could see before.

It brings me comfort to remember 1 John 4:4. “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.”


Satan is certainly on a rampage and if that is all we focus on, we will find it easy to lose hope. Well, I don’t know about you, but I refuse to lose hope.


I refuse to lose hope.


“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18

He is for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper