A Life Once Lived


The other day, I was preparing for my oldest two kids to come home from college, and I decided to tackle clearing out and reorganizing my son Isaiah’s room. 


I started with his bookshelf full of trophies, plaques, awards, and signed footballs. Memorials to a life he once lived, but can never go back to.

As I lowered those items into a bin, I was surprised by the sudden wave of grief I felt. We had dreams he began to live out, but were cut short at the very young age of thirteen.


We had dreams for a life I was now packing away. However, they have been replaced by new ones birthed in our hearts by the grace of God. I believe what the Lord has planned for my son, for me, and for my family is greater than anything I could have ever dreamed up myself.


“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” -Ephesians‬ ‭3:20‬ ‭


Lord help me accept that your plans for me are greater than my shattered dreams.


I know you too have dreams shattered, that you may find yourself grieving over from time to time. It’s okay to grieve what has been lost or never found. Just don’t stay in that place. Look to your Heavenly Father who loves you deeply and cares about your future. He has the very best plans for your life.


I know it can be scary, but you can trust Him with every part of who you are, even when you can’t imagine how He could possibly pull beauty from your ashes. He is the waymaker, miracle worker, and promise keeper.


He tells us in Isaiah 41:10, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”


Believe Him. Trust Him. He is for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complexity of Prayer

Should Someone Call an Exorcist?

Go Deeper